I'm just a girl trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing and how I'm suppose to do it. I don't have all the answers..in fact there are moments I don't even know the frickin' question! But...I'm ona neverending journey of learning and growing...and sometimes screwing up big time along the way. I promise to be honest with you AND to myself. I'm ready to lay it all bare in hopes that I might sort through the pieces and find the me that's been hiding for so long...

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Probably the most random post I've ever written...

It has been brought to my attention several times in the past few weeks that I am always in such a good mood.  Someone actually asked my husband if I was really as positive and motivational as I come across on Facebook! 
Well, I don't know how motivational I am, but I do know that I would rather post something positive or silly as to rant on and on about who pissed me off today.  I know that positive attitudes are just as contagious as a negative one.  I know that each and every day I am given is another day to be the absolute best person I can be...otherwise it's wasted.  And at the end of that day, I want to lay my head down knowing I made a difference, no matter how slight it may have been.
I know that I feel better waking up and working hard to reach my goals  than I did when I'd sleep in and not give a crap about my health. I'd rather sweat my toes off in the morning than hit that snooze button at all.  In all seriousness I wake up BEFORE my alarm clock most days ready to get my tennis shoes on and get to the gym or the park. I get excited about the changes I've made in my life and I share that with my friends.  If my excitement encourages someone to do a little more then maybe I AM motivational.   
I'm a firm believer in karma which really boils down to this: you get what you give.  If treat people kindly, if you listen, if you reach out to someone you hardly know anymore just to say "I'm here for you whenever you need me", you will be rewarded with a smile, a genuine 'thank you', or maybe even a hug someday. 
Let me also just share a few things you may or may not know about me.  I'm loyal almost to a fault.  I will answer any question you might have about me so please, just ask.  Yes, I have a past.  No, I am NOT ashamed of it.  There is not a single song in this world that doesn't remind me of someone.  As happy as I am, I am always missing someone...I wish people didn't have to go away.  I'm having a not so secret love affair with Eric Church's album "Chief". (AMAZING RECORD!!)  I. Am. Fierce. By October, I fully intend on being able to call myself a runner without feeling like a complete poser.  Oh, and also by then, imma be HAWT!! :)
And lastly...I'm gonna need a dirt road trip with old friends SOON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment