I'm just a girl trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing and how I'm suppose to do it. I don't have all the answers..in fact there are moments I don't even know the frickin' question! But...I'm ona neverending journey of learning and growing...and sometimes screwing up big time along the way. I promise to be honest with you AND to myself. I'm ready to lay it all bare in hopes that I might sort through the pieces and find the me that's been hiding for so long...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stonger...

I'm going to be 30 years old soon...very, very soon.  And while I could go on and on about how I'm not looking forward to this birthday, that's for another day.
One of my very best friends is dealing with some heavy breakup "stuff", for lack of a better word.  It was absolutely the right decision for her to make and I support her 110%.  I know she will be happier in a multitude of different ways.  I know that there is a man out there who will treat her with the respect she deserves and who will love her unconditionally.  At only the age of 21, this sweet, beautiful, amazing young woman has a lifetime to let that man find her.
Right now, at this very moment, my hope for her is that she can embrace this moment...live in the hurt and pain, but just for a little while.  I hope she finds that in the end, letting go feels better than holding on.  I hope that she can be stronger than I was at 21( or even at almost 30) and not let the hurt and anger define her future relationships.  I hope that she will be wise enough to remember the good times after learning from the bad ones.
I've had my share of hurts. Some lasted only a few days others I held onto for far too long. The deeper I loved, the longer I hurt.  BUT...the deeper I loved, the more I gained!  I gained confidence, self esteem, wisdom, friends, laughter, joy and memories that I wouldn't trade for the world.  I learned who I was because of it all!  I learned that, even when I fell apart once in a while, I was strong enough to put the pieces back together. 
To my friend, I hope you know that you are strong.  And because you're strong, it's OK if you want to fall apart for a while.  I, along with so many other people love you and support you, will be here if you need help finding yourself again. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment